What is a Prime Time Tournament (PTT)?
These tournaments are featured to pit 16 of the greatest survivors against each other in one awesome and exciting match for the world to see!
Okay, sounds great! How do I get to play in one of these tournaments?
Well, you need to be one of the best players in SOS. So there are requirements that need to be met in order to qualify for a PTT. There are currently two ways to qualify:
- Be one of the Top 8 Players on the Survival Leaderboard at the end of the qualifying time.
- Be one of 8 Players chosen from the Order of the Relic, judged as entertaining and dynamic by Outpost Games.
Ooo, those are some tough qualifications, bring em on!… Okay, so the prize of winning a PTT has to be awesome since there is so much fierce competition out there!
You are definitely right! This event will try to test the loyalties of the 16 contestants. We are offering a cash reward to each contestant that makes it off the island! But wait… there’s a catch, you say there’s going to be a Kill-on-Sight player that takes all the glory to himself? Well, they better think twice, because:
- If you are the sole player off the island, you get $200 USD.
- If there are two players off the island, they get $350 USD each
- If there are THREE players off, they get $500 USD each!
Woah! Yeah, I would want to find some teammates quick then! So when is the qualification period?
The leaderboards will be reset on February 23rd, following the Flaregun Twitch Special at 2 PM PST. This will give an even playing field to all players. The cut-off time for the qualifying top 8 survivalist will be exactly on Friday March 2nd 11:59pm GMT. Two additional alternative players will be invited, incase qualifying players are unavailable for the Prime Time Tournament.
- The survival leaderboard is based on extractions completed from solo matches. Please note duos and custom matches do not contribute to your position on the Survival Leaderboard.
- The settings will be default for the Primetime event match, with the map being set to Day time instead of Night time.
- Fame Leaderboard will not be used for Prime Time qualification.
The top 8 qualifying Survivalists will be announced via Twitter and Steam Community Hub at 5 PM PST, soon after the cut-off time that day.
How do I know if I was chosen from the Order of The Relic Candidates?
Members of Order of the Relic will be announced daily starting with our stream on Friday and continuing through the qualification period at 12:00 PM PST each day.
Sweet! So when is the first tournament scheduled then?
The first Prime Time Tournament match will be held Sunday, March 4th at 2PM PST. The single match will be hosted by the SOS game team with colorful commentary provided by guest shout casters.
- No purchase necessary.
- All tournaments are subject to and governed by applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation in this tournament is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- Contestants must adhere to SOS’s code of conduct during both the qualification period and during the Prime Time event. Violating our Code of Conduct will result in your disqualification from the tournament and the forfeiture of your prize.
- Contestants must not use Discord or any other non-game supported communication during the event in an attempt gain an unfair advantage, this will be considered cheating and a violation of our Code of Conduct.
- Contestants grant Outpost Games an unrestricted license to use, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, broadcast and post all content obtained during the qualification period and Prime Time matches.
- Winners will be required to provide additional information for tax purposes upon completion of the event.
- Contestants are solely responsible for any tax liabilities which they may incur from their winnings.